For over half a century, Longley Farm has worked hard to produce the very best dairy products. Quality and goodness come naturally and are the hallmarks of our independent dairy built on traditional family values These values have been vital in helping us create a range of award winning dairy products which are enjoyed in Yorkshire and around the world.
We are now looking to recruit someone to join our distribution team. There is genuine scope and opportunity for talented individuals with the right attitude and approach to work to progress their career with us. In return for the opportunities and benefits Longley Farm offers, we ask for the highest standards of commitment and professionalism from our team.
About the role?
The successful candidate will be part of a team working in our refrigerated warehouse. Duties include, stock control, order picking, vehicle loading and working to our clean as you go policy. The role will primarily involve the loading of vans with the correct stock ready for the driver rounds the following day. This is a new role and thus we ask that you are able to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility.
This role is Sunday to Thursday from 1pm until finish. (Approximately 9pm)
Play an important role in the manufacturing and distribution of our quality dairy products
Learn and maintain a good knowledge of our customers and products to ensure a high level of service is provided
Accurately pick and load product on to the appropriate vehicles
Pay excellent attention to detail, taking care and pride in the quality of your work
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate:
- Good level of physical fitness and manual handling (Manual handling experience and training in a warehousing environment is preferred)
- Conscientious and positive thinking
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and within a small team
- Effective and collaborative communication skills
- An understanding of the fundamentals of hygiene and health and safety
- A desire to ensure that individual as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Pride in themselves, their work and our products
All applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
What’s on offer?
We offer highly competitive rates of pay, rising following a period of training. Opportunities for further development and progression working alongside our long-serving and knowledgeable team.
Contributory pension scheme
33 days holiday per year
Some paid breaks
Please send an up to date copy of your CV including the role you are interested in applying for, to: Vacancies@longleyfarm.com
We look forward to hearing from you!